PER ARDUA AD ALTA - ‘STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE’
The governing body is looking to appoint a Headteacher who can inspire the whole school community. You will be an excellent communicator able to tailor your message to the wide range of school stakeholders. You will have the skills and vision to build on Hitchin Boys’ School’s current successes and achievements. Our Headteacher has been in post for the last 10 years overseeing fantastic student progress, an increased range of opportunities as well as a complete transformation of the school’s building portfolio.
As our new Headteacher governors are therefore looking for:
- A dynamic, enthusiastic and creative person with excellent leadership skills
- Significant leadership experience in a range of settings
- An individual with an energetic, open and honest leadership style
- A champion of an inclusive school culture where each student fulfils their potential
- An ability to build relationships with a wide variety of internal and external partners
- A headteacher who can paint a compelling vision that drives improvement for the school
The key to your success is in your ability to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others. You will be inclusive, actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences. Your external focus will help you develop new and exciting opportunities for students and staff.
In return we can offer you:
- Students who are keen to learn having made Hitchin Boys’ their first choice
- A dedicated, well qualified and experienced teaching team
- Research-led pedagogic practitioners keen to grow and share their CPD
- A professional and experienced support team
- A school with great traditions, excellent reputation but with a modern outlook
- An externally facing school keen to grow in partnership and collaboration with others
- A school on a sound financial footing
- A Teaching School Alliance which can grow and develop further in collaboration
- A Governing Board with passion about the school and a wide range of expertise
- A dynamic and supportive parent’s association
- A large former students’ association
- A salary commensurate with your experience and negotiable for the right candidate
- A relocation package to the value of £6K to cover your moving expenses (if incurred)
- CPD tailored to your individual needs
We really hope that would you take the opportunity to visit us and listen to and ask questions of our governors and have a tour of the whole school. We really believe that this will help you decide whether this is the right school for you but also to provide you an opportunity to show within your application how your skills and experience match who we are looking for. During the interview days there is little time to look around fully and this visit will provide you with an invaluable opportunity.
Open mornings will be held with the governors on:
Wednesday 12th February and Tuesday 25th February 2020 from 9:00am to 12:30pm.
Please email the School Business Manager at email@example.com or telephone 01462 432181 Ext. 281 to book a place.
If for any reason you cannot meet these dates (please try!) we may be able to arrange for a tour without governors on another occasion.
NB: The school is on half term from Monday 17th to Friday 21st February 2020 and therefore calls and emails will not be answered during this period but will be picked up again on our return.
Closing date: Monday 2nd March 2020 at 9am
Interview date: Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th March 2020
To apply, please visit https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_58338.htm
Please note that late applications will not be accepted.
Hitchin Boys’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, including the barred list, as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2019).